What is the FOT-Net support action?
The FOT-Net support action aims to gather European and international stakeholders in a strategic networking platform to present results of Field Operational Tests (FOTs), identify and discuss common working items and promote a common approach for FOTs- the FESTA methodology. FOT-Net is a Specific Support Action funded by the European Commission DG Information Society and Media under the Seventh Framework Programme.
FOT-Net will also present results of several local experimentations or demonstrations, which are not real FOTs and cannot be considered as large-scale testing programmes, but which are relevant with the FOT-net objectives and present valuable inputs to the consolidation of FOT-net conclusions.
The project is coordinated by partners from:
- Associations: ERTICO - ITS Europe, Fédération Internationale de L’Automobile (FIA), Polis
- Public authorities: Rijkswaterstraat, BASt
- Universities: SAFER, University of Leeds, RWTH Aachen fuer Institut für Kraftfahrwesen Aachen
- Research centres: CTAG, TNO, Fraunhofer Institute, FOKUS
- Automotive industry: Volvo Cars, Fiat Group-CRF, Renault
- Road Operators: ASFA
Duration: 36 months, starting on 1 January 2011.
Total cost: €1.4 Million