What are the objectives of Field Operational Tests?
From FOT-Net WIKI
Jump to navigationJump to search
Revision as of 08:55, 20 May 2011 by 1FOTnetbot (talk | contribs) (Bot: Automated text replacement (-system +system))
The European Commission DG Information Society and Media has defined a set of objectives for the Field Operational Tests in the Framework Programme 7.
- Validate the effectiveness of ICT based systems for safer, cleaner and more efficient transport in a real environment
- Analyse driver behaviour and user acceptance
- Analyse and assess the impact of intelligent safety and efficiency functions using real data
- Improve awareness on the potential of intelligent transport systems and create socio economic acceptance
- To obtain technical data for system design and product development
- To ensure the transferability of the FOT results at National, European and International level.