|Countries: European||? test users|
|15 partners||? vehicles|
|Active from 2014 to 2016|
|Data catalogue||Tools catalogue|
|Data sets used in this FOT:
No data set is
|The following tools|
were used in this FOT:
No tool is linked
FOT-Net Data, Field Operational Test Networking and Data Sharing Support, is a 3-year support action project to support the efficient sharing and re-use of available FOT (Field Operational Tests) datasets, develop and promote a framework for data sharing, build a detailed catalogue of available data and tools and operate an international networking platform for FOT activities. The FOT-Net Data project keeps the momentum of the FOT network and delivers new perspectives with regard to the sharing and re-usage of the available FOT-Net Data sets. Sharing collected valuable datasets from the recent years will yield further research results, support education at high levels and contribute to market introduction of improved vehicle ICT.
Fot-Net Data is a community where experts and stakeholders are encouraged to share their knowledge, test new ideas and reach consensus on new knowledge.
Details of FOT-Net Data
Type of project
FOT Support Action
Number of partners
8 partners and 21 associated partners
Main Contact person
Start date and duration of project
International, FOT-Net aims at gathering information from FOT Stakeholders across the globe. This Wiki is a catalogue of FOTs from across Europe, North America and Asia-Pacific.
- Support the efficient sharing and re-use of available FOT datasets - Develo and promote a framework for data sharing and data re-use - Build a detailed catalogue of available data and tools - Operate an international networking platform for FOT activities
Budget: € 1.800.000
Funding: € 1.400.000
The prime goal of FOT-Net Data is to maintain and increase the momentum achieved in FOT-Net and develop the strategy for sharing and exploiting collected FOT data in National, European and international FOTs (e.g. US and Japan). The FOT-Net Data project organises three international workshops and up to four Round Tables around relevant issues identified by the three regions. This concept will allow to reach international agreement on common global FOT issues especially FOT data sharing.
FOT Wiki and catalogue: The FOT catalogue – set up as a wiki tool maintained by the FOT community – serves as a reference for all FOT organisers. The FOT Wiki is a growing source of information on FOT projects in Europe (national and European) and across the world. The FOT-Net Data project will continue the further expand this data source by including a catalogue and description of available datasets. It will work together with data owners to bring more data available
Bringing International Stakeholders together: FOT-Net members will continue to meet regularly at European and international workshops to identify working items and address common experiences related to the running FOTs. The issues discussed reflect the stakeholders’ priorities with respect to FOT activities (e.g. methodology, planning and preparation, operation, analysis, evaluation and the link between FOTs and deployment). FOT-Net also offers a series of in-depth seminars and webinars to promote the use of a common FOT methodology and address issues which require further attention and expertise and are coming up when organising a FOT.
Promoting the FESTA Methodology: To improve significance, visibility, comparability and transferability of FOT results at national and European level, a common European FOT methodology has been developed. The FESTA project, funded by the European Commission, originally developed a handbook on FOT methodology. The methodology is now owned by the FOT community. It is promoted and updated by FOT-Net.
Promoting FOT results: FOT-Net offers the opportunity to increase the visibility of FOT results at European and global level. The FOT-Net portal, newsletters and events are used to raise awareness of FOT activities and results.
Framework for Data Sharing: The collected datasets contain a lot of potential for reuse in new studies and therefore must be made more widely available to researchers. FOT-Net Data compiles a framework and a set of guidelines to assist FOT organizers in practicalities of data sharing.
FOT-Net Data organises:
International Workshops; Seminars; Stakeholders Meetings; Webinars; Workshops; Working Group meetings
For information on all events visit: 
Champions and Contact persons
- VTT - Technical Research Centre of Finland
- ERTICO - ITS Europe
- SAFER - VEHICLE AND TRAFFIC SAFETY CENTRE AT CHALMERS
- IKA - RHEINISCH-WESTFAELISCHE TECHNISCHE HOCHSCHULE AACHEN
- CTAG - FUNDACION PARA LA PROMOCION DE LA INNOVACION, INVESTIGACION Y DESARROLLO TECNOLOGICO EN LA INDUSTRIA DE AUTOMOCION DE GALICIA
- UNIVERSITY OF LEEDS
- CEESAR - CENTRE EUROPEEN D’ETUDES DE SECURITE ET D’ANALYSE DES RISQUESC.E.E.S.A.R.ET D’ANALYSE DES RISQUES
- DAIMLER AG
- IFSSTAR - INSTITUTE OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY FOR TRANSPORT, DEVELOPMENT AND NETWORKS
- DLR - Deutsches Zentrum für Luft- und Raumfahrt e.V. / German Aerospace Center
- AAU - Traffic Research Group at Aalborg University
- OHL CONCESIONES
- VUFO - Institute for Traffic Accident Research at University of Technology Dresden
- NETPORT SCIENCE PARK
- ITS UK
- Loughborough University, Transport Safety Research Centre
- UMTRI - University of Michigan Transportation Research Institute
- Connekt ITS Netherlands
- WIVV - Wuerzburg Institute for Traffic Sciences
- TNO - Netherlands Organisation for Applied Scientific Research
- BASt - Bundesanstalt für Strassenwesen/Federal Highway Research Institute
- OC Mobility Coaching
- University of Surrey
- TSS-Transport Simulation Systems S.L.
- MLC ITS Euskadi