Difference between revisions of "MOLECULES"
|Line 139:||Line 139:|
==Sources of information==
==Sources of information==
Revision as of 12:19, 13 August 2013
|Countries: European||? test users|
| 10 partners
"partners" can not be assigned to a declared number type with value 10.partners
|Active from 2012 to 2014|
| [http://molecules-project.eu www.molecules-project.eu]|
URIs of the form "www.molecules-project.eu" are not allowed.
|Antonio Marqués Moreno|
| [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com]|
URIs of the form "firstname.lastname@example.org" are not allowed.
|ETRA Investigación Y Desarrollo S.A. |
|Data catalogue||Tools catalogue|
|Data sets used in this FOT:
||The following tools|
were used in this FOT:
MOLECULES is a demonstration project with three large scale pilots in Barcelona, Berlin and Grand Paris aiming to use ICT services to help achieve a consistent, integrated uptake of Smart Connected Electro-mobility (SCE) in the overall framework of an integrated, environmentally friendly, sustainable mobility system. MOLECULES will include multiple types of e-vehicles, exploit synergies with ongoing initiatives, build on/liaise with relevant stakeholders and emerging standards, as well as thoroughly assess the impacts of the three project pilots –including due consideration to the electricity mix used by the EVs. Furthermore, maximizing these impacts and facilitating deployment through scalability, dissemination actions, etc. will be a key priority.
- 1 Details of Field Operational Test
- 2 Financing
- 3 Champions and Contact persons
- 4 Applications and equipment
- 5 Methodology
- 5.1 Key milestones of the project
- 5.2 Pre-simulation / Piloting of the FOT
- 5.3 Criteria to achieve scientific results
- 5.4 Method for the baseline
- 5.5 Techniques for measurement and data collection
- 5.6 Methods for the liaison with the drivers during the FOT execution
- 5.7 Methods for data analysis, evaluation, synthesis and conclusions
- 6 Sources of information
Details of Field Operational Test
Type of project
MOLECULES is a Pilot Type B under the ICT PSP Objective Identifier 1.3: Smart Connected Electro-Mobility
Number of partners
Main Contact person
Antonio Marqués Moreno (ETRA Investigación Y Desarrollo S.A.)
Start date and duration of project
January 2012 to December 2014
MOLECULES will deploy ICT solutions for Smart Connected Electro-mobility in the following vanguard European cities: Barcelona (Spain), Berlin (Germany), Marne-la-Valle and Neuilly-sur-Seine (Grand Paris area, France).
1. Enhance electric vehicle (EV) user experience through ICT services which will be classified in seven categories and specifically instantiated in each of the three pilots.
2. Integration/interoperability of Smart Connected Electro-mobility (SCE) with multiple electricity suppliers & associated grid infrastructure: in this way, MOLECULES services will be able to roam and operate across different Distribution System Operator (DSO).
3. Integration/interoperability of SCE with other transport modes and associated ITS infrastructure: this will enable a smooth, seamless experience for the traveller. Furthermore, this will help complement and boost EV operational characteristics –e.g. by facilitating higher speeds/longer ranges trips.
4. Promote SCE by means of incentives: incentives schemes including information services, reduced taxes for EV. It will be devised and deployed in MOLECULES pilots in order to foster a modal shift towards electro-mobility.
5. Support and contribution to standards, use of open architecture: MOLECULES will follow the relevant ITS, GRID and ICT standards, and report its results into national and international electromobility and standardization bodies.
6. Execution of three large scale pilots in Barcelona, Berlin and Grand Paris: these pilots will definitely push forward the already substantial work on smart mobility and EVs that these three sites have conducted, consolidating their pioneering positions at the forefront of EU and international electromobility deployment.
7. Several types of EVs: MOLECULES services won’t be limited to specific types of EVs; in fact they will be demonstrated on pedelecs, e-motorbikes, plug-in hybrid electric vehicle (PHEV), fully EVs, electric vans, etc.
8. Pilots designed to form a scalable base for long term deployment. This will be achieved at two levels: MOLECULES pilots already consider electro-mobility a long-term strategy with full political and institutional backing. And, the consortium will produce a Roadmap for Deployment at European level, where milestones, barriers and actions to overcome them are identified in order to make SCE a fully deployed reality within the next decade.
9. Improve decarbonisation of mobility: MOLECULES will thoroughly assess its impact in terms of CO2 emissions reduction. To that end, methodologies and tools will be developed and success targets have been defined.
10. Improve air quality: as with objective #9, the same will be done for particles emissions, as they constitute a serious threat to human health and the environment.
11. Reduce EVs total cost of ownership: it is expected that the incentives introduced by the pilots and the operational advantages offered by MOLECULES to EVs will reduce substantially EVs’ total cost of ownership (TCO).
Availability of data
Common launch of 4 CIP pilot projects on e-Mobility on 8th of February 2012 at the European Parliament in Brussels.
First meeting of the MOLECULES Interest Group in Marne-la-Valle (Paris) on 26 June 2012. 
Presentation of 4 CIP pilot projects at 'CIP ICT PSP smart electromobility event' during the Spanish Green Cars Conference in Vitoria-Gasteiz (ES) 2-3 October 2012.
MOLECULES is 50% financed by the European Commission
Champions and Contact persons
- Public Authorities: the city of Berlin (Senate Department for Urban Development), Germany; the Municipality of Barcelona, Spain.
- Industry: ETRA Investigación y Desarrollo S.A., Spain.
- Vehicle Manufacturer:
- Supplier: MOPeasy, France; GoingGreen S.L, Spain; Greenwheels, the Netherlands.
- Research Institutes: the Barcelona Digital Technology Centre (BDigital), Spain; the German Aerospace Center (DLR), Germany.
- Others (specify): operator of the Berlin Traffic Information Centre (VMZ), Germany; the European city network Polis, Belgium.
Applications and equipment
The three sites in MOLECULES already have electro-mobility experiences running and ICT-based mobility services in place, nevertheless diverse systems exist in each site.
MOLECULES will address the challenge of integration by identifying a number of common ICT service categories and integrate them on an open architecture enabling Smart Connected Electro-mobility (SCE).
The seven categories of services identified by MOLECULES are:
• Personal trip planning:
• Electric Vehicle sharing/pooling
• Personal recharging advisor
• Personal carbon footprint advisor
• Electro-mobility billing support
• Incentives to electro-mobility
• Network strategies
According to the specific context of each of the demonstration sites, MOLECULES will offer the public alternative electro-mobility modes of transportation supported by ICT technologies (e-bikes, e-cars and e-motorbikes) and will seek to engage the public sector in integrating Smart Connected Electro-mobility services and technologies in their transport systems.
Test equipment (Dataloggers, Video cameras…)
Key milestones of the project
Pre-simulation / Piloting of the FOT
Criteria to achieve scientific results
such as selection of drivers statistically representative of the population etc, minimum sample sizes…
Method for the baseline
(system OFF during a specific amount of time, kms)
Techniques for measurement and data collection
(wireless data transfer, data pickup…)