|Provider / Developer||ICCS|
|Purpose of tool||Estimation of driver's intentions, Estimation of risk levels|
|Type of analysis|
|Graphical User Interface (GUI)||Yes|
|Operatin systems / platforms||Windows|
|Used in projects||TeleFOT|
Traffic and Environment Risk Assessment in TeleFOT monitors and measures activities outside the vehicle in order to assess the external contributors to the environmental and traffic context and also to predict the driver’s intention for lateral manoeuvre. Existing sensors used by collision-warning (long range radars), lane departure warning (cameras), blind spot warning (cameras), maps and positioning systems combined with a table of corresponding roadway characteristics and vehicle inertial sensors could be used to help understand the environment outside the vehicle.
The supervision algorithms collect all available raw (e.g. radar signals) and processed data (e.g. tracked object list). The role of Traffic and Environmental Risk Assessment is threefold:
- To calculate in real time a total level of risk related to traffic and environmental parameters.
- To calculate environmental and traffic parameters according to the requirements of the other DVE modules and/or warnings if a function is absent in the vehicle (e.g. the collision warning function could be produced from TERA if a radar is available).
- To estimate the drivers’ intention (e.g. for manoeuvre of a possible lane change).
The above analysis is applicable to all possible parameters. Indicatively, one can mention:
- Time to collision in longitudinal control systems;
- Predicted minimum distance and time to go in dynamic systems;
- Speed when approaching a curve;
- Environmental profile;
- Road profile.
Radar data, Camera data, Inertial sensor data, GPS, Steering wheel angle, Pedal position
Collision risk, Lane exit risk, Speed in curve risk, Traffic risk, Environment risk (Audibility), Environment risk (Visibility)
Availability/licensing for 3rd parties
|Name of tool contact person||Katia Pagle +|
|Provider name||ICCS +|
|Tool category||Risk assessment +|
|Tool has GUI||true +|
|Tool input||Radar data +, Camera data +, Inertial sensor data +, GPS +, Steering wheel angle + and Pedal position +|
|Tool is open source||false +|
|Tool name||TERA +|
|Tool output||Collision risk +, Lane exit risk +, Speed in curve risk +, Traffic risk +, Environment risk (Audibility) + and Environment risk (Visibility) +|
|Tool purpose||Estimation of driver's intentions + and Estimation of risk levels +|
|Tool supports OS||Windows +|
|Was used in||TeleFOT +|
|Website of tool contact person||http://www.iccs.gr/eng/ +|