BMW Research and Technology
BMW Forschung und Technik GmbH is a 100% subsidiary of BMW AG and is been in charge of the following research topics at the BMW Group since 2003: VehicleTechnology, CleanEnergy (hydrogen technology), EfficientDynamics (intelligent energy management/alternative drivetrains), ConnectedDrive (driver assistance /active safety systems) and ITDrive (IT-architecture and communication technology). Being a limited company, legal autonomy from the BMW Group allows a maximum of creativity and flexibility. An internationally established network, with Technical Offices in the USA (Palo Alto, CA und Clemson, SC) and Japan (Tokyo) as well as Liason Offices in France (with Eurécom in Sophia Antipolis) and in Germany (with German Reseach Center for Artificial Intelligence, DFKI GmbH, in Saarbrücken) ensures global access to trends and technologies.
- Extensive experience from BMW internal field studies
- Partner of FESTA
- Core group member of AIDE (6th framework)
- Collaborative project with DaimlerChrysler on Advanced Driver Attention Metrics (ADAM)
- Member of the Working Group “Man as a Car driver” of the German Car Manufacturers Research Association
- Representation of BMW within ISO TC22 SC13 WG8 in the Workitem „Suitability of Tics for use while driving